CCI Environmental Volunteers
Clydesdale Community Initiatives offer a wide range of environmental volunteering opportunities across Lanarkshire including therapeutic gardening sessions at NHS hospitals which are part of NHS Lanarkshire’s Green Heath Partnership Programme.
Contact phone number: 01555 664211
Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
No experience required, all training provided. Suitable for all ages although children and adults with support needs have to be accompanied by an adult.
Clydesdale Community Initiatives
Volunteering and Training opportunities
- Community Gardening at Castlebank Park, Lanark – meet on last Tuesday in the month at the polytunnels apart from 23 Apr, 10.15am-12pm. Interested in gardening? Then why don't you come along and take part in some fun gardening sessions with Lanark Community Development Trust and Clydesdale Community Initiatives to help maintain this beautiful area.
- Mauldslie Woods Volunteering Team Days, Mauldslie Bridge, Carluke – meet on the following Thursdays – 07/03/19, 04/04/19, 02/05/19, 30/05/19, 27/06/19, 25/07/19, 22/08/19, 19/09/19, 17/10/19, 14/11/19, 12/12/19, 10.15am–3pm. Love being outdoors? Love your local woodland? Join the Mauldslie Woods Volunteering Team along with SLC Greenspace. Working in Mauldslie Woods in all seasons. Come along, learn new skills, make friends and have fun whilst carrying out a programme of practical woodland conservation and management tasks.
- Lanark Moor Sensory Garden, 179 Hyndford Rd, Lanark ML11 9BJ, every Monday morning, 10am-12pm. Join CCI weekly gardening sessions to help maintain this area located near Lanark Loch. All welcome with tools and tea provided.
- The Encampment, Near Cleghorn Mill (Castledykes to Carluke and Bothwellhaugh (crosses Mouse Water)), Thursday 14 March, 10.15am-2.30pm. Help tidy up this Roman Camp and make a difference to the woodland. Tasks will involve chain sawing and creating habitat piles which is part of a long term project.
- Tree Planting at Clyde Valley Orchard Co-operative, Kirkfieldbank Community Orchard, Riverside Road, Kirkfieldbank, Wednesday 20 March, 10am-2.30pm. Join Clyde Valley Orchard Group and CCI volunteers help plant trees in the beautiful Clyde Valley – all welcome.
- Wallace Gardens, Lanark (back of Lidl), Wednesday 3 April, 10am-12pm. With spring just around the corner join CCI volunteers help tidy up Wallace Garden. A great way to get involved in your community and make a difference to this space.
- Loudon Pond, Douglas, meet on Thursday 25 April, 10.15am-2.30pm at the main entrance. Do you want to get involved in your local community? Join local volunteers and CCI volunteering team to help strim this important nature reserve.
- NHS Lady Home Hospital, meet at the Hospital Entrance, Ayr Road, Douglas, Lanark, ML11 0RE, every Tuesday, 10-11.30am. Interested in gardening & growing vegetables? Come along and take part in fun and therapeutic gardening sessions. Family & friends all welcome.
All tools will be provided. Please wear weather appropriate clothing. Please contact CCI to book a place or for further details on 01555 664 211 or email@example.com