Delves Road, Lanark, ML11 9DU
- Children's swings
- Access to Castlebank Park
- Popular for dog walking
- Great place for a picnic
- Quiet retreat from the town centre
- Good for a relaxed walk
A fairly new park to Lanark, it became public in 1928 at the bequest of Mr James Smith Watson of Delves House, who left it to the Town Council on his death. In 1938 a Dr Thom gifted money for tarring part of the ground and for erecting swings.
This small leafy park was once a popular play area for kids. The swings are still there but these days it’s mostly used by dog walkers and those taking a shortcut down to Castlebank Park from the town centre.
A lovely spot in all seasons, it’s the perfect sun trap and a great place for a quiet picnic on a warm summer's day.