Nicholson Plastics - General Operative
Lanark - Full-time
Job Purpose: Production of GRP Products.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Preparing moulds for manufacture, including repairs and maintenance;
- Applying release agents to the mould surface prior to manufacture;
- Cutting and measuring foam insulation and steelwork;
- Using spray machines to apply gelcoat & fiberglass to moulds;
- Applying glass matting and resin to moulds, hand layup;
- Consolidation of fiberglass & resin with rollers ensuring a quality finish;
- Setting up of wooden & GRP moulds to manufacture drawings;
- Releasing of moulded products from mould once cured;
- Working from manufacturing drawings to mark, cut, drill and fit ancillary items;
- Maintaining equipment and reporting any faults;
- Quality checks, measuring product thickness and undertaking water tests;
- Completing documentation for traceability and quality assurance;
- Locating and packaging goods for collection;
- Working within Health and Safety guidelines;
- Any other duties as assigned, to support the Company.
- Good timekeeping.
- Excellent attention to detail
- ‘Can-do’ attitude.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please submit your up-to-date curriculum vitae with an accompanying cover letter detailing your suitability for the position via e-mail to email@example.com.
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Nicholson Plastics Website