Nicholson Plastics - General Operative
Nicholson Plastics is a market leader in the manufacture and supply of Water Tank solutions. Through continued business growth, we are expanding our facilities in Lanark. Our Company culture is based on heritage where our success is attributed to the people who work for us.
The Company has over 50 years’ experience in the Water Storage market in the UK market. The company also offers full end to end project management service, supporting the design, manufacture and installation of solutions for the water storage industry.
Job Purpose: Production of GRP Products.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Preparing moulds for manufacture, including repairs and maintenance;
· Applying release agents to the mould surface prior to manufacture;
· Cutting and measuring foam insulation and steelwork;
· Using spray machines to apply gelcoat & fiberglass to moulds;
· Applying glass matting and resin to moulds, hand layup;
· Consolidation of fiberglass & resin with rollers ensuring a quality finish;
· Setting up of wooden & GRP moulds to manufacture drawings;
· Releasing of moulded products from mould once cured;
· Working from manufacturing drawings to mark, cut, drill and fit ancillary items;
· Maintaining equipment and reporting any faults;
· Quality checks, measuring product thickness and undertaking water tests;
· Completing documentation for traceability and quality assurance;
· Locating and packaging goods for collection;
· Working within Health and Safety guidelines;
· Any other duties as assigned, to support the Company.
· Good timekeeping.
· Excellent attention to detail.
· ‘Can-do’ attitude.
Salary: £8.21 per hour
Working Hours: Monday - Thursday – 08.00 am - 4:30 pm and Friday 08.00am – 3:30pm
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please submit your up-to-date curriculum vitae with an accompanying cover letter detailing your suitability for the position via e-mail to email@example.com.
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.Nicholson Plastics Website