Lanark voluntary groups launch 'Lanarkhelps' community phoneline
An initiative of Lanark voluntary organisations have created a 'Lanarkhelps' phoneline to provide practical community support during COVID-19.
The volunteer-led helpline is for people who:
- live in Lanark and surrounding villages (New Lanark, Nemphlar, Kirkfieldbank, Cartland, Ravenstruther and Cleghorn)
- aren't in the shielded group or don't fit the criteria for the South Lanarkshire Council Wellbeing Line (0303 123 1009)
- are isolated with no local support
- need help with shopping or collecting prescriptions
- need a person to talk to (telephone befriending).
The helpline is staffed by friendly, trusted and experienced volunteers who will be happy to help you.
Opening hours: Monday to Friday 9:00am - 4:45pm, Saturday 9:00am - 12:00pm
Access the helpline by calling 01555 437 051
Visit the Lanarkhelps website to find out more: https://www.lanarkhelps.org.uk/
Please share this information with anyone you feel would benefit from it.